Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Good Day!

Gotta love this girl!!!!!!!!

So Mattea was tested for her possible peanut allergy today and thankfully it came back negative. So Mom was right again and Mattea was just being dramatic and keeping me on my toes. For the 1st time I'm glad mom was right. The allergist told me that my pediatrician probably wanted to tell me to go home and feed her a PB&J and see what happens, but felt she should not risk Mattea going to the ER. I laughed and said that I had the same thought. Anyways all is well!


We all know Mattea is a woman of many talents. She is a flygirl for Charlie and the Dirty Diapers band, a synchronized swimmer, and occassional pickpocket (not my proudest moments). But now we can add preacher to the list. Angi, Charlie, and Lily come from a family of strong faith including church and prayers. Mattea on the other hand is not. Me and my parents are not religious, not even too spiritual, so it is real funny what Mattea now does during meals. She and Lily have started this thing where they drop everything halfway through the meal and decide it is now time for prayer. They hold out their hands and Mattea starts chanting "Amen, Amen, Amen" until someone grabs their hands and says a prayer. Super cute, that is until we have to do it several times throughout the meal. Over lunch today it was 3 or 4 times. The girls love it and who can resist holding hands with 2 cutie-pies chanting "Amen" in their cute little voices. Dad said with Mattea's prominent voice and expressive face she may just become a preacher. I, on the other hand, am reminded of the sleazy guy from Shepard of Faith that came to speak to us at QMG several years ago. If you work with me you know who I'm talking about and why that is slighty scary and humorous at the same time.

1 comment:

Ryan Baxter Photography said...

PB& J Rocks! so it is very cool that she does not have the allergy. Have you and Angi thought about the pictures anymore. I'm not at work again until Tuesday, so it might be a good time. let me know.