Saturday, August 23, 2008

Best Friends





It has been a long time and I have neglected the blog. We have been so busy with everything that I rarely have a chance to get on the computer. I have so many fun things to share but only a limited space, so you may be getting lots of updates over this weekend, or not (it all depends on Mattea's naps). So we are going from 2 naps to 1 and it sucks. We always have 2 kids to think about so we try and coordinate the naps and most of the time someone is not getting enough sleep. But we keep on trucking. Mattea has been saying "Lily" for months and months and has never been able to say her name until this past week. Lily has been calling her "Tay-Tay" as had Jen so that is now what Mattea calls herself. It is so cute when the girls get together and say their names and some of the time they call each other by the others name.

I am also very proud of how much empathy my daughter has for others, especially Lily. When Lily cries Mattea will go over to her and will rub her back and pat her bottom just like us adults. It is so stinkin sweet. Mattea and Lily now apoligize to each other when they have hurt one another. This morning I made them say sorry and they said sorry to each other and gave a hug. It was cute and genuine-I wonder how long that will last before they start grumbling it to each other.

Lastly, since they are best friends and partners in crime it was real funny to see Mattea giving Lily a hand up onto the couch that they are not supposed to be playing on. Mattea had climbed up and Lily couldn't get it so Mattea reached out her hand and helped Lily up.

No comments: