These are some of her 18-month photo shoot! Nina crocheted the dress for Mattea.
Don't blame the photographer- I took a picture of them on my phone to put on here.
Mattea and Lily (aka white girl) on her half birthday!I can't believe it's already here. It feels like just recently I went through all the struggles with her as a newborn and the fun joys of her as an infant. Her toddler days came early considering that she was walking on her own at 9 months. I love her independence but also love that she's still my baby and needs me when scary things are around (dogs, dark rooms, and strange noises). She will leave the house and get down the back steps by herself but always shouts "mom" because she needs help back up the step. She no longer wants to go down the stairs on her belly but much prefers to hold onto the railing (which she barely reaches on tiptoe) precariously getting through each individual step. She loves to dance and actually has some rhythem. Her best friend Lily though, dances like a white girl (Angi's phrase not mine)! Really fun to see them dancing together, Lily is hesitant an Mattea always goes to her and grabs her hand to join her. Mattea helps to set the table and brings JJ his beer. I am not a fan of this particular household chore but my dad gets a big kick out of it, especially since we used to do that for our opa.
Here are a few of her favorite things
raindrops on roses
whiskers on kittens :-)
ICE CREAM
shoes
Charlie
dancing
swimming
Charlie
dancing
swimming
her nu-nu
Mattea came as a surprise but I couldn't have wished for anything more. I am proud to say that I am helping her to become the best person she can be and any stints in juvenile we will blame on her dad ;-)
2 comments:
You make me laugh! Happy half birthday Mattea, we love you!! When are we going to the zoo?? Jack is waiting! Hope to see you soon!
haha i love the last sentence! shes so beautiful! We NEED to get together soon before we leave!
Post a Comment