Saturday, July 12, 2008

Long Time

Raising the flag
Mattea and my god-daughter Sarah
Listening intently to Jennifer's phone conversation
Never too much sunscreen
Charlie wrestling Angi in the pudding.


So it's been a long time and lots has gone on. The 4th of July was great. Me and Mattea had lots of friends over and had a blast. We had mud wrestling, face painting, and liquor which made for quite the bash. Mattea is not one for big crowds and is not her usual self, hence the non-existant smiles in all the pictures. But she did start to perk up at the end of the night (the sugar high and lack of sleep could have also contributed) with lots of running around and dancing that ended in a face-plant into a mini-keg. Remeber we are German!
Saturday we went to the Independence day festival at Lawrence Park. Not too much for Mattea but there was a cover band and Mattea was dancing like crazy. Ohh and her JJ won her a stuffed dog at the water gun game. Mattea helped!

Sunday we went to Noura's 1st birthday party. We had a great time and Mattea loved playing with Noura's cousin David. She looked completely devastated when he had to go home, but she's resiliant and took comfort in the fact that Jack was still around and so preceded to dump cups of water on his head. Sorry little guy that what happens when your the younger one, but just think of all the ways you can get her back when your a foot taller then she is (probably next year). Noura loved her cake and I can't get over that it has been 1 year already.

So that was the end of the fun. Sunday night Mattea had her 1st nightmare, I think. She just started screaming and screaming and I could not console her. So we went downstairs and hung out for about 45 minutes and watched a family video then back to bed and everything was fine. Monday night I get home from work and there is a dog fight going on in our cul-de-sac so me and Mattea ran inside. I went out after it was over and everyone was fine, one of the dogs owners was with them, but we did not know who the dog who started the fight belonged too. Scary! Tuesday morning I discover my wallet missing and come to find out it was stolen and my bankcard was used to buy gas 4 DIFFERENT TIMES. Over $200 dollars-some people suck! What makes it even better is remember just 6 weeks ago my house was broken into and now my wallet is stolen from the driveway of my parents house in Geist. I swear I have a target on my head saying, Pick Me Pick Me!

Ok, I'm finally done.

2 comments:

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

I think its a sign that youd be SAFE in our neighborhood:) move here!
We loved having you and Mattea at Nouras party!

Anonymous said...

Bummer about your wallet. That sucks. I took Jack for a walk today and saw that there are 10 houses in my neighborhood for sale.....MUCH SAFER than Highland and Geist....plus I'll watch Mattea for free! (Incentives, Incentives)...... PS When are we going to the zoo...Jack is sad that Matte keeps standing her up, is there another man in her life?