Tuesday, September 30, 2008
I am a horrible mother!!!!
Yes, I'm a horrible mother. Yesterday was good. All my visits showed, one was even fun to talk to. I saw a cute little baby learning to walk and best of all I saw a chicken cross the road! Really, I did. When I picked up Mattea she yelled out Mama and came running to my car. This doesn't usually happen when she is with Charlie. I usually get a smile and then her clinging to him and crying when we actually leave. Yesterday she kept saying "bye-bye" and wanted to actually leave with me!!!!! Well the we went to CVS. This is where I became a horrible mom. I didn't want to put on her shoes so I put her in the cart. If you know the CVS carts, they're not very big and the little kid seat in front was not right so she was sitting in the cart. Well she likes to stand up and say hi to everyone. Not a huge deal usually but with a small cart I tell her to stay by the front (by me) and hold on there because it is taller. Well as I was comparison shopping for tampons, yes that's the reason I was there, I hear a big thud and see Mattea face down, spread eagle on the floor. I have see thes positiion many time on Rescue 911 and other discovery health shows and my heart dropped. I was so scared to see what I would find when I picked her up. I grab her and find nothing. Nothing, yes nothing. No blood, no missing teeth, no gooseeggs, no red marks, no scratches, nothing except some fuzz that was stuck in her hair. She cried for maybe 30 seconds and then was ok. I on the other hand was on the verge of tears and bought her a balloon, or in Mattea's language a "lu-loon." So moral of my lesson-I will stick to my regular tampons and leave the life-changing ones to Katie and Michelle. They made me a horrible mother and who knows how long it will take me to get over this. I know I want her involved with gymnastics but a back-flip off a shopping cart is not the way I planned for her to start.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Poor girl but mainly poor Mommy! I think this is one situation where its worse for the parent! But, I would be proud, youve got a tough little girl, maybe you should put her in gymnastics soon, she's obviously got the skills. And that poofy hair couldve been padding:)
You will forgive me when you see that there is no comparison to your life changing event. You'll be back I know.
Maybe Olympic-class elite diving is in her future instead of gymnastics.
Post a Comment